Holland Applied Technologies is an industry leader in sanitary process equipment. We design and build everything from components to modular process systems for the food, beverage, and biopharmaceutical industries. We are currently hiring for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer.
TIG welds various structural stainless-steel tubing/piping and square tubing, installs process piping and instruments, and wires electrical components, all to print specifications.
- Reviews blueprints and other specification papers before starting work on a welding process and during the steps to assure accurate completion.
- Interprets framing, isometric pipe, pneumatic, and electrical (preferred) drawings.
- Selects TIG welding equipment, such as torch, torch tip, filler rod, and flux according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
- Tack welds parts to ensure that all parts on the order are properly aligned and fitted.
- TIG welds stainless steel structural square tubing per print specifications.
- TIG welds/orbital welds stainless steel tubing and piping per print specifications.
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintains weld recording and logging records.
- Performs borescope inspection for weld defects
- Visual weld inspection using fillet gauges, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and weld fixtures.
- Install process piping and instruments per print specifications.
- Operates a variety of shop equipment, including manual lathes, manual mills, drill presses and belt sanders.
- Ability to wire electrical components according to schematics and test for functionality (preferred).
- Strict attention to detail and production of high-quality parts.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations, including the use of PPE.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in TIG welding, along with experience welding tubing and pipe.
Must be able to read and interpret work orders, drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to pass standard vision test.
- Must be able to work well with other team members and communicate well with Project Managers and Engineers.
- Exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, and different climate temperatures.
- Occasionally lifts 25 – 45 lbs.
- Proficient in math.