Corroflon Cover Material Options
- SS - Stainless Steel Braid: Stainless Steel braided hose is the general purpose product, and can be used in applications involving high temperatures and working pressures. High tensile AISI 304 stainless steel wire is used, to give maximum pressure resistance and external protection to the hose.
- TO - Tube Only (no braid): TO grade hose (available in both GP and AS) is a lightweight hose, used in applications where working pressures are low and where there is no need for the physical protection offered by an external braid. TO grade is not vacuum-proof. TO grade tube is not normally helium tested.
- PB - Polypropylene Braid: Polypropylene braided hose is often preferred to SS in applications involving frequent handling and movement of the hose, and where termperatures are within the range of -30 deg C and +100 deg C
- HB - Hastelloy Braid (C276 grade): Hastelloy Wire Braid is used instead of SS where severe chemical corrosion conditions exist around the outside of the hose.
- KYB - Kynar (PVDF) Braid: Kynar Braid is used for the same reasons as HB above, but only in applications where the reduced pressure and temperature ratings of KYB are acceptable.
- RC - Black EPDM Rubber Covered: For the most rugged applications where the hose may be subjected to rough treatment and severe external abrasion.
- SI - Transparent Silicone Rubber Cover: Similar applications to the RC hose, but where the hose may be required to withstand temperatures up to 180°C. SI grade hose is semitransparent, allowing visual monitoring of the braid.
- FP - Red Fireproof Rubber Covered: As for RC hose, but where the hose is also required to resist failure in the event of fire, in accordance with Specification BS5173 Section 103.13